I decided I like making lists. So here’s one for today.
My happy list!
Things that have made me happy recently include:
– Being super productive at work. Lots of things are happening at Ocean Connections now and I’m right in the middle of it all. I like feeling like I’ve done something worthwhile every day. I can certainly say I’ve done that lately!
– Hammocks. Because while I have always thoroughly enjoyed a nice doze in a hammock, my hammock here is infinitely better for several crucial reasons. Here’s why…welcome to listception:
- I always get a beautiful breeze off the water. My hammock cocoon could be uncomfortably warm without a breeze, but being right on the water grants a glorious reprieve every evening.
- By the time I get home from work and plop into my hammock, the sun is setting perfectly over my bay. It’s a fabulous end to a full day.
- I’m entertained by the hummingbirds that love flitting around our yard. There are tons of these little guys zipping around and hovering right over my head. They’re just incredible to watch.
- No one can see me inside my hammock because it’s so big and up so high. No, I’m not intentionally hiding from people, but it’s so much more fun to watch their reactions when I suddenly pop my head up to say hello!
Ok, back to the original list…
– Visits. I’m lucky enough to have amazing friends and family who visit me wherever I go. I’ve had at least one person visiting me each month since January. You guys are absolute rockstars.
– Good coffee. I mean, really, need I say more? A quality cup of joe just gets my day started on the right foot, and everyone else around me probably appreciates that even more than I do. As previously discussed, The Buena Vida serves my personal favorite – full disclosure that I worked there already revealed.
– Palm trees. Just because. Try not feeling happy when you conjure up a picture a palm tree. It just reminds you of warmth and sunshine and beaches and that. is. my. life! Amazing.
– Animal smiles. Seeing an animal smile is just the cutest thing – they can’t say what they’re feeling but they sure know how to show it!
– Grills. Not this kind…
– Freshly raked sand. I love walking on my beach right after it’s been raked because I leave the only set of footprints there and it’s so soft and comforting. Everyone needs to get their toes in the sand, it’s soul-cleansing.
– My life. Just the whole thing in general. It’s pretty fantastic and it makes me happy. I hope you can say the same!